Monday, March 21, 2011

My Favorite Year


Happy Birthday [harbor]!!!

I can't believe it's been a year already. If you didn't know, this comic started as a tribute to my friends. I drew comic strips for each one of them as a Christmas present (the actual ones are the Dramatis Personae, of which you can read), and I just... fell in love with this familiar yet completely-different world. So many things have happened in my life - I continued my acting career, my friends got married, I moved to New York! - and through it all [harbor] has been there to "document" it in it's own special way. I don't know if I can remember life without it.

What's amazing is that [harbor] started as a little thing for friends but has grown into something so much more. We have an official site, we have a facebook page, and every day more and more people are reading this small webcomic about a boy and his friends; we even have readers in Europe and New Zealand! (hi!) What's even more astonishing is the responses I've received. People continually tell me how much they love the comics week after week, which makes me want to put out more and better ones each time. You all fuel me. If you're reading this, I thank you.

So, in honor of the one-year anniversary of [harbor], it is my pleasure to announce the opening of the [harbor] store! Cafepress.com/harborcomic is the *official* store for [harbor] merchandise. Hats, mugs, and more; right now there's a small selection but it'll certainly grow as time goes by. [harbor]'s very own store: how cool is that!?

Lastly, I wanna hear what you think of [harbor]. What's your favorite comic? Tell me and you could win an item from the new cafe press store with an image of your choosing - title icon, family drawing, or even your favorite comic! All you have to is go to the [harbor] facebook fan page and post on the wall what your favorite comic is (be sure to explain why, too!) by Sunday, March 27th. The next day I'll draw a name randomly from the participants and we'll have ourselves a winner!

And, as always, spread the love and share [harbor] with your friends and family. Not that you have to get [harbor] anything, but it'd be a nice gift nonetheless. ;)


Next Week: We celebrate April Fool's Day. Or do we?


As Frosty would always say,
"Happy Birthday!"
-[jimmy]

4 comments:

  1. Aw! I love it!

    My favorite comic remains [jason]'s introductory comic.

    Also, the store needs more [don lily] merch. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily, post your favorite on the facebook page and you could have all the DL merch your heart can desire.

    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete